Welcome to University Centre Services
University Centre is OPEN
The University Centre is OPEN to support our students, staff, and faculty members over the Fall 2021 semester. While many services continue to offer virtual services online, several amenities including student study lounges, meeting and event spaces, commercial business providers, and food and beverage outlets (including Brass Taps Pub, The Lookout Patio + Grad Lounge) are open and ready to serve you. Please check with the specific service provider to confirm in-person hours of operation and follow safety protocols prior to arriving on campus and accessing the University Centre, including:
- Complete the University's COVID-19 Screening Form prior to arriving on campus.
- Wear a face mask at all times when occupying the University Centre unless actively consuming food and/or beverages.
- Maintain physical distancing in all interior spaces.
- Check the University's COVID-19 Information Website for safe practices, available services and other information to plan your visit in advance.
Please be respectful to your fellow Gryphons and observe safety measures at all times. We are all in this together!
Hours of Operation - Fall 2021
The University Centre is open to welcome back the university community for the Fall 2021 semester. The building will be open and operating on the following schedule:
August 30th - September 6th:
Sunday to Saturday from 7:30am - 9pm daily.
September 7th - December 17th:
Sunday to Saturday from 6:30am - 11pm daily.
The following amentities, services and commercial business providers are open and available for in-person service this fall:
- UC Services Office - Open Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Brass Taps Campus Pub - Open Monday to Friday from 10am - 6pm (Week of August 30th - September 3rd, CLOSED Labour Day Weekend)
- The Lookout Patio + Grad Lounge - Open Monday to Friday from 10am - 6pm (Week of August 30th - September 3rd, CLOSED Labour Day Weekend)
- Chef's Hall Cafeteria - See Hospitality Services Hours of Operation for operating times.
- UC Pharmacy - Open Monday to Friday from 10am - 4pm
- Click Signs - Visit clicksigns.ca for current business hours
- Chiropractic Care Centre - Call (519) 767-5070 for current hours and to book an appointment.
- Campus Dentist - Visit campusdentist.com for current hours and to book an appointment.
- Edge Imaging Photography - Visit edgeimaging.ca for current hours and to book an appointment.
- UC Vision Optometrist - Call (519) 824-4120 x56620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
- CSA Health & Dental Insurance Office - Email email@example.com or visit mystudentplan.ca/uofguelph
- Campus Mail Room (Canada Post Mail & Amazon Deliveries) - Open Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 12pm and 1pm - 3pm.
- UC Loading Dock (Parcel Pick-up and Shipping) - Open Monday to Friday from 6:30am - 4pm.
Staff Access to Administrative Areas
For some staff and faculty members, access to offices and workspaces continues to be limited to individuals who must perform their job duties on-site and have approval from their departmental leader.
E-Access Locations & Building Entry Safety Requirements
E-Access is currently enabled and available via the main level southwest doors (at Conservatory Gardens), the northwest doors (at Hutt Building), or the loading dock service doors.
All individuals planning to attend campus and access the University Centre must complete the following steps prior to arrival on campus:
Complete the COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Awareness Training course via CourseLink. Visitors are not required to complete this training.
Consider downloading the Government of Canada’s COVID Alert app.
Every day, before you come to campus, complete U of G’s COVID-19 Screening Form. Do not come to campus if the form indicates you should stay home.
If you had close contact with a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days, do not come to campus.
Bring a face covering (e.g., non-medical mask).
*Regular disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and enhanced safety measures are in place for the protection of all staff, faculty and students. We thank our partners in Custodial Services, Hospitality Services and Campus Police & Fire Prevention as well as our UC staff members for their continuous dedication to making the UC a safe environment for our campus community!
UC Services - Our Services
All clients and building user groups who need to contact UC Services regarding access or other building matters can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at (519) 824-4120 ext. 53300. For all emergency access requirements, please contact Campus Police at (519) 824-4120 ext. 52245.
Brass Taps Campus Pub - Open for in-person dining, event reservations, and online ordering take-out service.
The Lookout Rooftop Patio + Grad Lounge - Open for in-person dining, event and patio reservations, and online ordering take-out service.
Campus Bakery Co. - Available for custom orders only. Individual portioning available for safe measures.
UC Building & Reservation Services - Open Remotely in February 2021 with Limited Service Offerings.
UC Digital Media Services - Campus Digital Broadcasting, Content Media Design & Development available virtually by contacting email@example.com.
Fair November Craft Show - Review this year's Virtually Fair November 2020 and sign-up for future updates for Fair November 2021.
Building Management - Administration & Board Governance
University Centre Board & Building Policies - Information on the Board and Policies that govern the building.
Our Managed Spaces *COMING SOON*
UC Student Study Areas - Discover various spaces dedicated to individual study and casual academic collaboration.