Welcome to University Centre Services
The University Centre - Where Campus Connects!
The University Centre (UC) serves as a central hub on campus, offering a variety of student services, dining locations, study and lounge spaces, health and wellness services, social and recreational activities, and administrative services to support the university community. The UC is open Monday to Friday from 6:30am - 12:30am and Saturday and Sunday from 8am - 10pm. Please refer to specific hours of operations for individual services and amenities.
Family Day Weekend - Operating Hours
Saturday & Sunday (February 17 & 18): 8am - 10pm
Monday (Family Day, February 19): 8am - 6pm
Available Services & Amenities
The following amenities, services and commercial business providers are open and available for in-person service during the Winter 2024 Semester:
- UC Services Main Office - Open Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 5pm. For general inquiries (excluding room reservations) please email email@example.com or call (519) 824-4120 ext. 53300
- UC Reservations Office - Open Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 5pm. Please visit our Reservations webpage for booking inquiries and contact information.
- Brass Taps Campus Pub - Open Monday to Friday from 10am - 11:30pm; Available for private rentals and event hosting.
- The Lookout Patio + Grad Lounge - Open Monday to Friday from 11am - 8pm.
- Chef's Hall Cafeteria - See Hospitality Services Hours of Operation for operating times.
- UC Pharmacy - Open Monday to Friday from 9am - 6pm and Saturday from 10am - 2pm.
- Click Signs - Visit clicksigns.ca for current business hours
- Chiropractic Care Centre - Call (519) 767-5070 for current hours and to book an appointment.
- Campus Dentist - Visit campusdentist.com for current hours and to book an appointment.
- Edge Imaging Photography - Visit edgeimaging.ca for current hours and to book an appointment.
- UC Vision Optometrist - Call (519) 824-4120 x56620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
- CSA Health & Dental Insurance Office - Email email@example.com or visit mystudentplan.ca/uofguelph
- Campus Mail Room (Canada Post Mail & Amazon Deliveries) - Open Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 12pm & 1pm - 3pm. *DO NOT WALK DOWN LOADING DOCK RAMP*
- UC Loading Dock (Parcel Pick-up and Shipping) - Open Monday to Friday from 7am - 4pm. *DO NOT WALK DOWN LOADING DOCK RAMP, ACCESS VIA MAIN LEVEL*
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the website of University Centre Services at the University of Guelph.
The University Centre (UC) mission is to provide a central focus point or central meeting place for all members of the University community – students, faculty, staff, alumni and guests. As the “Front Door” and “Main Street” of campus, the UC strives to provide resources necessary for social and cultural interaction among and within different sectors of the University community. In addition, the UC provides services, conveniences and amenities that members of the University community require in their daily life on campus.
As part of our focus and commitment to provide social, recreational, educational and cultural activities which are not normally provided through the academic curriculum or other University services, the UC provides services through management and operations of the following functional areas:
The Brass Taps Pub – Established in 1974, the Brass Taps, a fully licensed campus pub has been the University’s campus home for over 47 years. The Brass Taps offers great daily food and beverage selections, event food and beverage services at competitive prices, intimate concert performances, regular entertainment programs, guest lectures and special event hosting. Be sure to check out our Campus Bakery Company offering a selection of gourmet baked goods.
The Lookout: Patio + Grad Lounge – We are excited to bring you our latest venture. In partnership with the Graduate Student Association, we now manage and operate their food and beverage operations. The Lookout which recently underwent extensive renovations now offers an eclectic selection of menu items that is sure to please patrons.
Programming/UC Events – UC Programming provides entertainment and cultural events, including Fairs and Performances, and short-term vendor rentals in the central courtyard. The flagship event of the UC is the annual juried Fair November Craft Show which is in its 47th Year.
Building Services - Manages the leases and associated services, including room reservations, table bookings in the central courtyard and locker rentals in addition to managing the physical aspects of the building. And, now we offer our Digital Media Services including advertising and content creation delivered via 14 strategically located large screen TV’s on various levels of the UC.
Whether you are savouring one of our daily lunch/dinner features, enjoying a noon-hour concert or a musical performance, shopping at one of our vendor tables, are here to obtain services from one of the University’s central service departments or commercial tenants located in the UC, I take this opportunity to welcome you to our beloved University Centre and hope you enjoy the varied services, programs and amenities we offer.
Director, University Centre
UC Services - Our Services
All clients and building user groups who need to contact UC Services regarding access or other building matters can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at (519) 824-4120 ext. 53300. For all emergency access requirements, please contact Campus Police at (519) 824-4120 ext. 52245.
Brass Taps Campus Pub - Open for in-person dining, event reservations, and online ordering take-out service.
The Lookout Rooftop Patio + Grad Lounge - Open for in-person dining, event and patio reservations, and online ordering take-out service.
Campus Bakery Co. - Available for custom orders only. Individual portioning available for safe measures.
UC Building & Reservation Services - Open Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 5pm. Requests can be made by visiting our Reservations webpage.
UC Digital Media Services - Campus Digital Broadcasting, Content Media Design & Development available virtually by contacting email@example.com.
Fair November Craft Show - Review last year's Fair November 2023 Artisans and sign-up for future updates for our upcoming full. Fair November 2024 artisan applications will open February 5, 2024!
Building Management - Administration & Board Governance
University Centre Board & Building Policies - Information on the Board and Policies that govern the building.
UC Student Study Areas - Discover various spaces dedicated to individual study and casual academic collaboration.