Shipping & Receiving Logistics
Shipping & Receiving Logistics
Keeping the University Centre Moving
Loading Dock Operations
The University Centre Loading Dock is responsible for handling the shipping and receiving of all parcels, packages and goods for all building user groups. Managed under UC Building Services, the Loading Dock team works to ensure deliveries are received and internally forwarded in good order to recipients, assist and process internal and external shipments daily, and assist all building user groups with logistical support relating to any moving or shipping activities.
The Loading Dock operates under the following schedule. If you require any assistance outside of these hours, please contact the UC Services Office at email@example.com or (519) 824-4120 ext. 53300.
|LOADING DOCK OFFICE HOURS||Monday to Friday||6:30am - 4:30pm|
|SHIPPING & RECEIVING HOURS||Monday to Friday||6:30am - 4:00pm|
|LEVEL 0 SERVICE AREA ACCESS||Monday to Friday||6:30am - 11:00pm|
The loading dock handles all courier parcels activites, freight deliveries, local delivery services, and in-person building deliveries. All mail deliveries under Canada Post is managed by the Campus Mail Room.
In-Person Parcel Pick-Up
IMPORTANT: PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC ON THE UC DOCK RAMP IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN DUE TO HEALTH AND SAFETY CONCERNS. PLEASE USE THE MAIN LEVEL PERIMETER DOORS AND TAKE THE ELEVATOR OR STAIRS TO LEVEL 0 TO ATTEND THE LOADING DOCK TO PICK-UP ITEMS.
If you arranged a parcel to be delivered to the University Centre Loading Dock or received a parcel delivery notification from our team, please call us at (519) 824-4120 ext. 52618 or direct at (226) 332-3168 to arrange an in-person pick up time. Pick up may also be arranged by email.
Due to safety measures in place, all in-person parcel pick-ups must be arranged with the Loading Dock Team in advance to ensure the parcel is ready upon arrival and protocols for the safety of our team and recipients are maintained at all times. If you received a delivery via Canada Post (including XpressPost) or Amazon delivery services, please contact the Campus Mail Room at (519) 824-4120 ext. 52264.
Information for Shipping Parcels
Shipments by courier service: Please request pick-up from the courier service in advance of dropping off the parcel at the UC Loading Dock. Upon scheduling your courier pick-up, ensure the shipping label is printed and properly affixed to the parcel/envelope and drop-off to the Shipping & Receiving team for pick-up. All outgoing courier parcels/envelopes should be dropped off by 10:00am for same day delivery. Please make sure the parcel/envelope packaging is in good repair and both the sender and recipient address information is clearly printed on the shipping label.
Shipping Dangerous Goods: All shipments classified as dangerous goods under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, including anything on dry ice, please contact our Shipping & Receiving Team for notification and assistance in processing "Transportation of Dangerous Goods Papers" and any required shipping papers. DO NOT DROP-OFF ANY DANGEROUS GOODS PARCELS TO THE LOADING DOCK WITHOUT ADVANCED NOTICE!
Shipments Out of Country: For all shipments abroad including the United States, please contact the Customs & Transportation Team to prepare all required customs paperwork along with the shipping papers. Once required customs paperwork is complete, please schedule courier pick-up and drop-off parcel(s) at the UC Loading Dock for pick-up.
Process of Receiving Deliveries
All courier, freight transportation, and local/in-person deliveries are handled by the UC Loading Dock. All parcels received by the Shipping & Receiving Team will be processed as follows:
- Upon receipt, tracking information for all incoming orders is logged in our delivery log.
- If pick-up is required, the recipient will be notified by email confirmation of the delivery received and provided a Pick-Up Code.
- Parcels for delivery to building user groups will be hand-delivered to the addressed location within the University Centre before the end of the workday, provided the delivery is received prior to 4pm.
- All urgent deliveries or perishable products must be picked-up by recipients within twenty-four (24) hours of delivery.
- Upon pick-up or hand-delivery, the recipient must sign acknowledging receipt of the delivery.
- All issues regarding damage of parcels receiving must be addressed with the sender and courier service, the UC Loading Dock will not be held accountable for damaged goods received (see policy).
- There is no internal access to the loading dock office area. Only authorized staff members are allowed in the office area and permitted to use hydraulic equipment for health and safety reasons.
Damaged Goods Receiving Policy
In the event a parcel is delivered with noticable damage to the packaging and possibly the contents, the following process will be followed:
- Upon observation of noticable parcel damage, the Receiving Team will take a photo of the damage and shipping label, then inspect the parcel from the exterior to determine level of damage.
- If the contents are deemed damaged or potentially damaged, the Receiving Team will note the damage on the delivery receipt, not sign the courier receipt and accept the parcel as damaged.
- The Receiving Team will immediately notify the recipient of the damaged parcel and send photos to confirm level of observed damage.
- The recipient may pick-up the parcel from the UC Loading Dock or arrange to leave it on-site for return shipment to sender. The recipient must confirm return information and schedule to leave parcel at the UC Loading Dock.
- In matters relating to damage to dangerous goods or high-value deliveries, the Receiving Team will immediately contact the recipient for notification and confirmation of further actions prior to permitting the courier service to leave the parcel.
- The Receiving Team reserves the right to outright refuse the acceptance of heavily damaged parcels for safety reasons and will not be held liable or financially accountable for all heavily damaged deliveries refused at time of receiving.
- The UC Loading Dock is not responsible for managing the process of return shipments due to parcel damage. The recipient is responsible for coordinating return shipment and scheduling, the Shipping & Receiving team will assist in handling the parcel for return upon drop-off or scheduled shipment from the UC Loading Dock
Large Parcel & Equipment Deliveries
Please provide the Shipping & Receiving Team with advanced notice of all expected large volume and oversized deliveries including multiple skid deliveries, overweight parcels and equipment, and oversized package delivery to ensure proper receiving and storage or hand-delivery of received items. All large items received via the UC Loading Dock will be handled with hydraulic equipment by qualified staff members only. Receiving information will be logged and recipients will be notified of arrival, and be provided with information and a scheduled time for pick-up from the UC Loading Dock or delivery to internal locations within the University Centre. Recipients are responsible for taking all oversized packaging materials including packing and boxes to the bins outside of the loading dock. Skids may be arranged for pick-up by contacting the Shipping & Receiving Team.
Shipping & Receiving Team
Our team is available to assist with your shipping and receiving needs, please contact the Loading Dock Office at (519) 824-4120 ext. 52618 or direct at (226) 332-3168. For general inquires, logistical support, or additional information please contact our team: