UC Study Spaces
UC STUDY SPACES & LOUNGES
The University Centre offers several study areas on the main level and second level for individual or group study as well as individual study seats on various levels in the building. With open concept and accessible seating available, the University Centre offers students and the university community spaces to collaborate, socialize, and study in a positive and inclusive environment. Study spaces are currently available in the following areas for the Fall 2021 semester:
- Level 0: Peter Clark Hall Centre Section (Available Monday to Friday from 9am - 4pm only). Provides some electrical outlets, quiet study space.
- Level 1: OVC Centennial Student Lounge (South Concourse - UC103). Bright, open-concept study area, electrical outlets, mixed use individual and group study.
- Level 1: Central Courtyard Study Stairs (Carpeted Seating Area). Convenient meeting space, electrical outlets, vibrant, open study space without tables.
- Level 2: Courtyard Loft Study Lounge (Overlooking Central Courtyard). Open-concept study area, electrical outlets, mixed use individual and group study, views of central courtyard area.
- Level 2: CSA Study Desks (CSA Clubs Hall): Individual and group study desks, electrical outlets, quiet study space.
- Level 2: CSA Clubs Rooms (Available Monday to Friday from 9am - 10pm). Select meeting spaces available, electrical outlets, mixed use individual and group study.
Food & Beverage is permitted in our lounges and study areas for your enjoyment. Please be respectful to others and clean your area after use and remove any garbage or items before leaving.
MEASURES IN EFFECT FOR YOUR SAFETY
As part of the University's commitment to ensure safe learning and activities spaces, all individuals utilizing lounge and study spaces must follow mandatory safety measures at all times in the University Centre.
- WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES
- MAINTAIN 2m / 6 ft. PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- SANITIZE YOUR HANDS UPON ARRIVAL
- COMPLETE U OF G COVID SELF-ASSESSMENT
- WIPE DOWN SURFACES BEFORE & AFTER USE
- LIMIT FOOD & BEVERAGE CONSUMPTION IN STUDY AREAS
- BE VACCINATED AS PER THE UNIVERSITY'S VACCINATION MANDATE
- BE RESPECTFUL & CONSIDERATE TO FELLOW GRYPHONS USING THIS AREA
While many services are available virtually, the following businesses are offering pick-up and in-person services in the University Centre:
- BRASS TAPS CAMPUS PUB - LEVEL 2: Dine-in Service and Express Online Order for Pick-Up Available
- LOOKOUT: PATIO + GRAD LOUNGE - LEVEL 5 NORTH: Casual dine-in or take-out Food & Beverages overlooking the university campus.
- UC PHARMACY - LEVEL 1: In-Person Services Available
- CLICK SIGNS - LEVEL 1: In-Person Services & By Appointment Requests
- CAMPUS DENTIST - LEVEL 1: Dental Services Available by Appointment
- UC VISION - LEVEL 1: Service by Appointment
- EDGE PHOTOGRAPHY - LEVEL 1: In-Person and By Appointment